Description of Tridosha
According to Ayurveda a living body consists of Tridosha which in Sanskrit means three Dosha's ie. defects , pollutants or impurities . Dosha types:
- In balance - There is creativity and vitality.
- Out of balance - Can produce fear and anxiety.
- Pitta Dosha - Leads to contentment and intelligence.
- Out of balance - Can cause ulcers and anger.
- In balance - Expressed as love and forgiveness.
- Out of balance - Can lead to insecurity and envy.
Each person has all three Doshas, but usually one or two dominate. Various Dosha proportions determine one's physiological and personality traits, as well as general likes and dislikes. For example Vata types will prefer hot weather to cold and Kapha types are more likely to crave spicy foods than other types. Generally these are considered to be characteristics of each mind/body type.
A Dosh in its natural condition helps to mantain the body , it actually pollutes the body when it itself becomes deformed, this condition then creates various kinds of imbalance in the body . Charak Sanhita also mentions that these three Dosha's are always present in the body and in there natural form make the body disease free ; and in unnatural form they are known as defects.